If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint and we will do our best to resolve it for you.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Elm Counselling and Psychotherapy
4 Carlton Crescent
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 07591 958081
THE LEGAL BASES WE RELY ON FOR PROCESSING
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and any pre-contractual obligations
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party
- Upon request, the Owner will help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing if there is any concern.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal Data is collected in the following methods:
- filling in forms on our website
- communicating with us by post, telephone, email or through any other means
- using our services
- completing/returning documentation
- automatically collected Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Through our website we currently collect the following Personal Data from you:
- Identity Data may include your first name and last name
- Contact Data may include your address, email address and telephone numbers
- Technical Data may include your internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Data is used to respond to your queries or questions about our services when you contact us through the website or by telephone, email or by post; as well as for the following purposes: analytics, linking to external social networks and platforms, SPAM protection and managing contacts and contacting the User.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We know how much Data security matters and we take your privacy very seriously. We will treat your Data with the utmost care and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Our website interaction with users is secured using ‘https’ technology. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after your final session for tax and insurance purposes.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data will be deleted in an appropriate manner.
Regular audits will take place annually, to ensure that Data is deleted where appropriate and is not held for longer than is required.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Users may exercise certain rights regarding the processing of Personal Data by the Owner.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data. You can do this by contacting the Owner, Emma Mannion, using the above contact details.
- Right to object to the processing of your Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Right to access your Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner and obtain a copy of the Data being processed.
- Right to verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Right to restrict the processing of your Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Right to have your Personal Data deleted. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to ask the Owner for their Data to be erased.
- Right to receive your Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data and, if technically feasible, to have it transferred to another controller.
- Right to object. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT
Where Personal Data is processed for the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner at any time through the contact details provided in this document. These requests are free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner within one month.
CONTACTING THE ICO – INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE (UK)
If you are unhappy with how your Data has been handled or are not satisfied with the response you have received to any request, you have the right to complain to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) by calling 0303 123 1113 or going online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns
INFORMATION NOT CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
This website does not use any Cookies.
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES
Personal Data (Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — allows for the identification of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this website which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use this website, the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the country of origin, the browser and the operating system, the time details per visit and the path followed within the website and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s computer environment.
The individual using this website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Controller (or Owner)
The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this website as described on this site.
A small piece of Data stored in the User’s device.